Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to business

Now that I've been back home for a few weeks, it's time to start working. No, I may not have my job back just yet but in the meantime I work where I can. I work at home and I work out :)

Cheer season has come to an open and just after a few days my muscles are sore and my joints are yelling. After a sprint triathlon and a Lazy Ironman, I really didn't think I was this out of shape. That was less than a month ago! At least I know first hand how the girls are feeling. Coaches are there to teach, to ensure safety and to make better. However, I do not believe it's right to make players do the things you are not willing to do so I am right there with them. With every step they run and every move they make they know I am not far behind in making sure they are doing it right and staying honest. We are even hitting the season off with a new hip hop routine never seen before, choreographed by yours truly. They are all fast learners and I cannot wait to see them strike it out for the crowd. I know they will do great.

The girls are awesome and I love being back. Along with the swing of cheer is the swing of cleaning. Now that it's moving time, it's cleaning time. The Ray's are having to go through our storage and see what is good to keep and what we don't need anymore. I'm really glad I am here for this part, surprisingly. I've always wanted to go through the old boxes we haven't looked at in 7 years and find memories and pictures that might actually be worthwhile in collecting our personal history for future generations. I've found fabulous family pictures, old certificates, letters to myself and to others that I never sent. I love every moment of searching through boxes of seeming trash to find the things that mean the most.

It hasn't been until I've gotten to reflect on my past that I've gotten anxious for the future. I've made stupid mistakes and there are plenty more to be made but I don't think I can ever be as stupid as I once was now that I've learned from experience. Even the most painful memories and realizations have occurred recently to make me even more excited to move on towards the better future. What a blessing! The best part about the future is deciding for myself and for no one else. Yes, people in my life play a big part but they don't always know what's best for me and their wishes are different than mine. I must say, all my dreams are coming true and the ones I love are watching first hand.

The Ray family is growing together and we are laughing along the way. Officially, Illinois is in our near future. We shall be moving from Germany back the the United states sometime around June. As for me, I will be going back to school in January but only for one semester. I will have the pleasure to assist my family in their big move putting me back to enjoy Europe more in April. Deferring the spring semester will leave me away until the following Winter. BYU-I, you sure will be missed but I'm sure you'll understand when you find out how much I benefit from helping my family rather than myself.

So, all is well and tomorrow is bright.
-Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment