Sunday, October 14, 2012

Nothing better

There is nothing quite like the feeling of being well rested and recently I haven't had that good feeling. Knowing this I've been thinking about things that aren't quite like another thing. Truth be told I've lost a lot of things this week including my mind and my voice. You don't know what you have until it's gone, right? Well this post is my chicken noodle soup to try to keep me sane.

There's nothing like morphine for pain, or a hot pad on while you sleep. Nothing quite like a good laugh with a friend and inside jokes that just keep coming back up. There's nothing like Orange juice for breakfast (unless it's an amazing smoothie) or chocolate when you're a little down. There are quite a few therapies and each person enjoys doing a certain thing to relax them or to get their minds off things. For some it's singing real loud, for some it's driving. It's watching a movie and snuggling under a blanket, it's reading a book or "geeking" out. It's smashing pumpkins when you're angry and it's cooking when you're hungry. Whatever it is, it makes you feel better. I have known for a while that writing is therapy for me. I don't care if anyone reads what I write but when I write I show my self how bold I am and that I'm not just another voice in the crowd, I have my own voice and to regret life or let yourself slip away isn't a healthy way to live. In high school I used to write the most silly things most of which I would physically burn after I felt better. I would write love poems and make up stories. I wouldn't let anyone read some of the pathetic love-struck things I've written and I wouldn't mind if I never saw it again but it's my kind of therapy.

When I can't stand being alone, sitting at home, I have another form of therapy which only few have seen through windows. That is dance. If you don't know, I love to dance. I love ballroom dancing, modern and hip hop. Whatever you could thing of, I've probably tried it to release some tension. Some times it may be scary but I just call it passion. What happens when you blast your headphones and find an empty room? Relaxation, new dance moves and you're the only one in the world for however long it may be. My dear roommates can definitely get their laughs in for this certain therapy especially since I don't notice anyone is there but that's what makes it better.

Talking is a therapy and who doesn't like to talk about their situations? It gives you different prospectives and you work through your problems. Whatever the case may be, we all need some one or something.

There's nothing better than a hug or oreos and milk. There's really nothing better than knowing you really aren't alone. To serve is a blessing and to be a friend is a gift.

To finding new therapies and love.
-Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment