Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Holy strep throat Batman!"

Being healthy has it's perks... and being sick has absolutely none! I think now is the time I face the facts and come out. I have a phobia of getting sick. Not a typical germaphobe that is very cautious about their surroundings and the percentage of bacteria and germs everywhere but the girl who really hates being sick. It's almost depressing, literally. I don't want to stay at home and I hate not knowing when I'll be better.

I really don't get sick often, which I much appreciate!!! but when I do about once a year it comes to this: sore throat, aching body, headache and the want to sleep all the time. To be honest I haven't thrown up in over two years!... until yesterday. Killing that streak just sucked! Especially when your throat is so swollen it prolongs the pain. Ok, I'll veer away from that subject now.

And it brings me to point number two. Tonsil extraction. It was inevitable since it's a yearly thing and I have naturally big tonsils but I never thought I would have to face the facts. This is in fact the first year it's actually came back positive for strep throat. Now, I have to go have surgery... in a hospital. Did I tell you I hate hospitals too? Almost every time I go into a hospital or something of the sort I get light headed and pass out. If you think I'm joking ask my dad, he'll tell you about the worst time and subsequently makes it the funniest too. I used to refuse pills when I was younger trying to avoid becoming a drug addict. AND IT WORKED :) Being a naturalist didn't cut it though and there is only so much sleep can do before meds have to step in. So here they are: antibiotics and steroids. Please be good to me or else I will not last much longer.

So after facing all of this that hit me today... in a health clinic, talking about surgery and bed rest... I've come up with a few house rules:

1. No sharing with Stephani.
2. Absolutely NO sharing with Stephani. (did I tell you how voluntarily sharing our family is?_
3. DEFINITELY NO SHARING WITH STEPHANI... (doctors orders due to contagious nature, which leads to rule 4...)
4. No one in this house is allowed to get strep throat. Seeing that Stephani is already the host body and these rules are just now made up, she is exempt. UNTIL one week from now, in which case there will be a family council held to decide her eviction or to let her stay.

So those are the rules from this sick dying soul and hopes to update with a successful recovery soon. Until then, good health!
-Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment